Sunday 19 October 2008

Old Tales from the Green Room

Melanie has recently joined the ranks of the Bench and as a reader of my blog. Bless her socks, she also expressed an interest in the history of the Bench. Somewhere in the archives of this page are some of the Tales from the Green Room, in which I give a personal account of the Bench's past. These aren't complete as I didn't publish some of my earliest attempts. In honour of Melanie, I intend rectifying that omission over the next few weeks.
The Best Beloved also suggested that we collate the stories together into a booklet for the Bench Ruby Birthday on August 1st in 2009. If you are a past Bench member reading this page, please do get in touch with us as we would love to hear from you. We run a web page at www.benchtheatre.org.uk (there is a link to the right of this column) if you would like to keep up to date with what's happening at the Bench Theatre.

No comments: