Friday 30 May 2008

Reading "Passion Play"

I didn't put on my play reading list the one play I am reading at the moment, which is "Passion Play" by Peter Nichols. I only got through the first act yesterday so wasn't able to get it ready in time for presentation at the Bench Artistic Panel as a possibility for next season. It is a 1980's play so I may still have another chance if there are second stages of selection needed. I believe there is only one production on offer for the 1980 slot and it may get turned down by the company so opening up the opportunity of a second bite of the apple for slowcoaches like me.
The subject matter is adultery and I was much taken by the sex war. Peter Nichols also uses the actor's training exercise of having a second actor portray the character's innermost feelings and thoughts. He does this for both the main male and female leads. I will let you know how I get on with finishing the reading and possible production.

No comments: