Wednesday 28 May 2008

Current playscript reading list

Over on my personal blog page, “Boanerges”, I said I would list my current playscripts reading list and so here it is below.
The Wind in the Willows” is the Bench Christmas production 2008. I am auditioning and helping with a dance for the auditions on Monday June 10th and Thursday June 13th. I would like a part.
Irish writers do dominate. I will try and do thumbnail impressions of the plays as they are read.

Alan Bennett : The History Boys; The Wind in the Willows

Kate Atkinson: Abandonment

Gregory Doran: Merry Wives the Musical

Brian Friel: Making History

Simon Gray: Little Nell

David Hare: My Zinc Bed; The Permanent Way

David Harrower: Dark Earth; Knives in Hens

Derek Hines: Gilgamesh – The Play

Robert Holman: Jonah and Otto

Kneehigh Theatre: Tristan & Yseult

Greg Kotis: Urinetown;The Musical

Martin McDonagh: The Beauty Queen of Leenane; The Lonesome West; The Lieutenant of Inishmore.

Duncan Macmillan: Monster

Conor McPherson: Port Authority; Dublin Carol; Shining City

Owen McCafferty: JP Miller’s Days of Wine and Roses

Moliere: Don Juan

Wallace Shawn: The Designated Mourner

Polly Teale: Jane Eyre

Over on my personal blog page, “Boanerges”, I said I would also complete my internal debate about choosing plays for production. That will be my next posting, unless I get round to uploading some of my “Tales from the Green Room: a personal history of the Bench Theatre” before then. There are also reviews of “The Cherry Orchard” (Chichester Festival Theatre) and “Brassed Off” (Theatre Royal, CCADS) due this week as well.

No comments: