Friday 10 April 2009

Being directed

I believe I have related elsewhere that I was personally directed by Michael Stevenson in "Shanghai". I had one tiny sequence where I had to cross a crowded room and had to do so on the personal nod of Michael Stevenson stood out of camera. I had grown to like Michael over the five days of shooting and realised he was much admired by those around him. Recently I was watching a television biography of David Lean. Michael Stevenson was interviewed with the tag line of second assistant director on "Lawrence of Arabia". This was in 1962 of course but Michael's list of credits on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is stunning: Harry Potter, Alexander, Atonement, Bourne Ultimatum and V for Vendetta to name but a few! Wow, so I can claim to have been "personally directed" by someone who has a fantastic film career and experience and who has worked with stars galore! I love this business!

No comments: